Beauty Tips and Product reviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Beauty is a Beast

I remember as a kid getting perms. Oh the agony of them. My Mother insisted on doing them at home and the results were often not really desirable but she didn't do a bad job. It would have helped if we could find the same kind of perm every time and if my hair was not such a disaster to work with.

So I am dating myself here but when I was in high school big hair was the thing. I do see it's coming back so that is great! (for me) Not so sure about my hair as now I color it to cover grey. No perms for me. So do I dig out the old hot rollers? LOL I still picture us trying to see who could have the biggest hair. That Bonjovi any way. He had the best hair ever!

When I was young I never had a pimple to mention and if I did it came and went without much of a glitch. Now though my face is a complete mess. I feel like a teen with pizza face as they called them. I always felt so bad for them. Now I feel bad for me and anyone who has to look at me.

I developed several new face washes that I love and have really helped my skin and I often get letters from others that have great results. I will share them in another post later.

The entire time growing up we worry about our looks. I see children who want to be perfect looking and others who just don't care. I wonder what makes us really worry about our looks so much. Is it what others think of us? My guess is yes. As I remember reading a study done (don't remember where) that women don't dress for their men but actually to impress or out do other women. Face it women are very critical about each other. One reason I work in my own salon alone!

Bad hair days are the beast of a day. Our beauty seems to effect us in more ways then we think. We go through great lengths to look good. I hope we all know that our beauty is within and not about how you look. I know from being sick that feeling pretty sure does make you feel better. So go ahead and spend a little on yourself. If it makes you feel like you look good, you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment