Beauty Tips and Product reviews

Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Salon

My salon is located on laporte ave. in Eagles Mere. I do everything from haircuts to colors, manicures and pedicures. I Do both men and women.
My shop is small but I still have enough room to do most services. My shop opened in this location in 1990. I since have been in the village shoppes located in the center of town. I then partnered with a good friend Jackie Dunham and had a very nice salon in Muncy Valley Pa. When the building was sold we had to move and both went our own way. My friend Jackie now has her own dog grooming salon in Muncy Pa.
Because it was a bit of a surprise to both of us that we had to move out of our shop I went on to do various other things. Thinking that I wanted to do something different I took a job immediately in a factory making plastic bottles. I don't recommend it unless you can't find anything else. The other things that I did included working at our sewer plant. That was a good job and because I was outside I loved it. I have done that for a few years now. Even after I opened my new salon. I also filled in a few hours and days with helping a painter, sanding and prep work. I learned a lot about painting from that job, like how sanding is very important. My arms got a great work out.

Which leads me back to where I started. Three years ago I opened my salon not even a year after Jackie and I closed ours right where I had began. At first I was disappointed but then found it to be nice for many reasons. One is it is right where I live. I just fall out of bed and go to work. Also because it is slow in the winter I can make jewelry in my spare time. You can see my creations on my website. These are one of a kind silver jewelry.
 So my adventures continue look for updates and articles on hairstyles new products, how tos and more. Coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment